Hello all! Chad Moore has recently announced that the next content drop, schueduled for early 2015 is currently available on the PTR for testing. It includes updates to LFG including perks and extra xp, a Veteran mode for all Shiphand missions and armor updates. Here is the complete post by Chad Moore of Carbine Studios.
We've just released our upcoming content update on the PTR and it is good to see that improvements and enhancements are being well received. Many of the changes are a direct result of feedback from our players.
Over the past few months we’ve received a lot of feedback about WildStar. Much of it has focused on the fact that although many of our systems are unique, engaging and fun, many of them are inaccessible to certain groups of players. At Carbine, our philosophy has always been "play the way you want to play," and therefore we have been working very hard to make sure players can experience and enjoy WildStar's content - regardless of their level or playstyle preference. Along with these accessibility initiatives, we made a lot of what we call "quality of life" adjustments, continuing to improve and streamline the overall experience of WildStar across a variety of different areas. The result? From what players have said so far, this is our best update yet.
What are some of these cool new things, you might ask? Let me tell you!
- Players will now have access to a low-level training dungeon calledProtogames Academy, teaching them the team mechanics that will lead to greater success in group content.
- We're releasing a brand new level-six Shiphand Mission called They Came From Fragment Zero! which takes place in the unexplored reaches of the Halon Ring!
- There are now Veteran versions of all Shiphand Missions, giving max-level solo and group players additional content once they reach level cap.
- We have enhanced the LFG tool, which now includes access to all Shiphand Missions - allowing players to queue up whether they want to play solo or with a group.
- A new random queue bonus has been added to the group finder that will yield valuable currency and experience along with helping queue times.
- We added tons of new player customization options - including costumes, as well as the ability to alter your avatar's physical appearance after character creation!
- We made significant adjustments to the quest experience in our early zones, focusing on things like quest flow, objective counts, and group accessibility.
- We've improved the Dungeon Medal system, providing greater insight into how you are progressing through a dungeon's objectives, and rewarding you every step of the way.
- We’ve added a new currency type called Glory which is earned by completing dungeons and raids. Glory can be exchanged for high-quality gear in the capital cities.
- A new dungeon, called Ultimate Protogames, which offers our max-level players exciting new challenges from the galaxy's most infamous (and profit-minded!) corporation!
- We are adjusting the group size requirement for Datascape from 40 to 20 players, allowing more players to experience this awesome raid!
I hope that hearing about this new content gets you excited about all the things that are happening in WildStar, and I would encourage all of you log into the PTR and get a sneak preview. As always, we want to hear what you have to say about the game, so get in there, play and send us your feedback. We've done a lot of work, and have a lot more planned for 2015. We are fully committed to this game, and to the players - like you - who make it great.
Director Carbine Studios
Here are a few screenshots from the new drop provided by Carbine.