AddOn Studio for WildStar is a WildStar AddOn editor which features a modern sophisticated IDE, a Lua editor, AddOn project management, with support for Curse repositories. This page describes the overall history of AddOn Studio.
AddOn Studio for WildStar includes:
- Modern Lua editing and project management
- Curse compatible and integrated SCC
- Real-time 'Intellisense' style tooltips and code completion
- WildStar AddOn deploy and launch features
- WildStar compatible Lua snippet test runtime
- WoW Lua and WoW Widget and API documentation
- and more...
- This version is based on Visual Studio 2015 and has been available since early 2017.
- This version is based on Visual Studio 2010, internally version 3.0, and has been available for WildStar since early 2017.
For World of Warcraft
- AddOn Studio World of Warcraft is a version of AddOn Studio for the Blizzard game World of Warcraft, and has been available since 2005. See AddOn Studio World of Warcraft
- This version is based on Visual Studio 2015, internally version 4.0, and has been available since late 2016, with support for new versions of WoW. This is a currently maintained edition.
- This version is based on Visual Studio 2010, internally version 3.0, and has been available since late 2010, with support for new versions of WoW. This is a currently maintained edition.
- Form Engadget , //www.engadget.com/2007/12/17/addon-studio-for-wow/
For a big chunk of the gaming population, AddOns are mysterious things you download and hope will run. But for many talented people, they're an opportunity to help the community and make things easier for the rest of us. [...]
Specifically, AddOn Studio will provide an interface that allows AddOn creators to build in familiar surroundings. You'll also have the ability to auto-generate items like the table of contents or lua events. Error checking for FrameXML and Lua parsing also helps to speed the AddOn process up. Likewise, they have included Ace2 templates so you can still tap into one of the most commonly used AddOn libraries and updater systems. [...]